Tuesday, September 22, 2009

17/9 - Venice

Hearsay Venice is so romantic and beautiful! Today, I’d have this chance to get myself over there. From our hotel to Venice city center, about 130km, do you ever realize that our journey always at least 200km?! Actually quite tiring throughout the journey, always take a very long time to travel from one place to another. Anyway, thanks god, I’m still the lucky one, glad that I have the chance to study at oversea and travel around later then. Maybe this is the most precious gift for my birthday this year, even throughout my whole life.

Yesterday can’t stop raining, while today, HOT like barbeque pig! I don’t know how much today weather temperature; I just know that I almost fainted. Reached Troncetto, Venice (Venezia in Italian language), we took the ferry and cross over to the heart of this water city. Venice for sure it will be flooded if it is heavy rain, the water level is so high. Along the way, we saw lots of old building; all these had built since 14th century. I love the St. Mark church, it is the centre of the archipelago, around this St. Mark square, we saw winged lion at the center, the Moor Bell tower, Doge’s Palace, monuments and the Basilica of St. Mark. After that we visited to one of the Laguna Glass factory, the demonstration of the make glass process so cool! Some of the mirror, can you imagine just a piece of a glass cost 22000Euro! Maybe you will look prettier or handsome if you look into the mirror. Ha-ha. After that we have our own time at Venice town, it is just like a maze, uncountable bridges, river, lake, almost every street and bridges looks similar. Then we headed to Rialto Bridge, the most famous in Venice, and had our lunch around that area. This place is very famous in Shakespeare’s play! Of course, you shouldn’t miss out the most famous and important landmark or symbol of Venice – Mask!! These entire masks so nice, cool, and beautiful!

We had our simple day at Venice, worth to have an experience over here. O-h-m-y-g-o-d, continue our journey to next destination – Rome! 4~5hours in the bus, quite suffer and tiring, for sure I wouldn’t take bus for temporary when I back to Malaysia! Boooo~ along the way, we’d passed through Barberino, Kelenzino, and Florence and finally reach our hotel at Orvieto! This is highway is the second most expensive in the world, guess what, the highway from Nice to Geneva is the most expensive in the world. Italy, always famous with Olive, no doubt, we saw lots of Olive tree along the highway, and one thing to be highlighted, there’s a lot of tunnels (it is uncountable!) at Italy as well!




Rome, another romantic place, and I can’t wait for the Angels & Demons’ spot ….

No comments:

Post a Comment