KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia has reported three more deaths related to Influenza A (H1N1), taking the total number of fatalities to 18.
Health Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said Saturday that aside from the deaths, 53 new cases were reported throughout the country.
“The situation very serious. We need the public to cooperate with the authorities to stop the spread of the virus. We can do it if we cooperate,” he said at the opening of a Japan Health Clinic at HSC Medical Centre here Saturday.
Among the three dead is a five-old-boy suffering from encephalitis who died at the Kuantan Hospital on Friday.
The other death is a 16-month-old with hyperthyroidism and pneumonia at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital who also died on Friday. The child had had fever, cough and running nose for a week before seeking treatment last Sunday.
The last death was a 63-year-old asthmatic from Selayang with tuberculosis and pneumonia who died Thursday at the Selayang Hospital.
RED ALERT : H1N1 had mutated to H2N3 !!!!!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The number of deaths in England linked to swine flu jumped by nine to 36 in the past week, the Health Protection Agency (HPA) has said.
But the overall number of cases "decreased significantly" in the past seven days and there is no evidence that the virus is mutating.
The HPA, at a briefing in London, said 530 patients had been admitted to hospital in England - down on last week's total of 793.
It estimated there were 30,000 new cases of swine flu in England, but said the majority of cases continued to be "mild".
No comments:
Post a Comment